Comment on page
Texture Sharing Troubleshooting
If you cannot get Texture Sharing to work on your computer, please follow this guide. It will allow give you more details into what might be the problem.
In this guide, we'll walk you through the required steps to get texture sharing working from Unreal Engine to LightAct.
Good to know: We used Unreal Engine 5.1.1 and LightAct 4.2.2 for this tutorial. The steps might be different if you are using different versions.
The most common cause of problems that we've encountered, is that there is a space in the filepath of the .ndisplay configuration file. Please always use filepaths without any spaces.
- 1.Launch Unreal Engine 5.1.1 from Epic Games Launcher.
- 2.Create a new project with the nDisplay template which you can find in the Film / Video & Live Events category.
- 3.Copy our plugin into Plugins folder.
- 4.Make sure it is enabled in the Plugins window of your Unreal Engine project.
- 1.Start from a blank new project and drag the .uproject file of your Unreal Engine project into LightAct's window. It should appear in the Assets window.
- 2.Make sure you have the correct version of Unreal Engine set in the Project Settings.
- 3.Make sure you have the paths to Unreal Engine editor executables set in Preferences window.
- 4.Insert one Thrower and make sure it has nDisplay checkbox checked.
- 5.Open UnrealLink window and select your .uproject Unreal Asset.
- 6.Generate nDisplay config file. Make sure it's actually generated and that it hasn't just set its filepath (just click twice on Generate config file button).
- 7.In the Launch command section, enable Show advanced settings and uncheck Render offscreen checkbox. Then click on Generate command button.
- 8.Click on Launch nDisplay button.
After a few seconds, a 1920x1080 px output window should open on your primary screen because we disabled Render offscreen checkbox (this is useful for troubleshooting).
If you've made it this far, it means LightAct can successfully launch nDisplay cluster. That's good!
Now that we know that LightAct can successfully launch nDisplay cluster, let's get that texture into LightAct.
- 1.Open Devices window, insert a Texture Share node and click on LAThrow_0 under Object suggestions so that it appears in the Viewport name input box.
- 2.Enable Listen checkbox and the texture should appear on the right hand side.
Good to know: this is an abreviated process which doesn't include some steps, but it does include what's required to get the texture accross.
If you are still having issues, please send us:
- LightAct's project file (it has .la extension)
- nDisplay configuration file you generated from LightAct (it has .ndisplay extension).
- Details of the versions of the software you are using
- System description you are running on especially the GPUs and the CPUs